Monday, April 13, 2009

Early Spring Rides

Last week I rode the following trails:

Cherry Creek up to the intersection with the Highline Canal and back 20.5 miles
Poudre River Trail out of Greeley, CO. To the end and back for 41 miles.
Grange Hall Creek from home to the Platte River and Back 16.5 miles

All of these trail deserve a write-up but I think I will wait for more foliage and ride them again. It will make for better riding, better pictures and a more interesting description.

Planning is well underway for scouting future trail rides. I'm looking at the Rio Grande Trail out of Aspen, the Glenwood Canyon Trail out of Glenwood Springs, and the Mineral Belt Trail around Leadville, Co.

As soon as it stops snowing and warms up a bit at those altitudes, I will visit each site and plan rides if I think I can deal with both the altitude and the elevation changes on the trails. I will undoubtedly have to be in pretty good shape so I will be doing more training rides in the next month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Follow the Golden Rule.